Community Futures Powell River is a not-for-profit community business financing organization created to support small and medium sized enterprises throughout the Powell River Region, paving the way for a diversified local economy and local job creation. In addition to our loans program we initiate and partner in a variety of community economic development projects. We are here to help sustain and improve our local communities and their economies. We’ve been in existence for almost 30 years, and have a solid track record of helping many Powell River businesses.
Our Community Futures office provides services and program supports to rural small- and medium-sized business owners and entrepreneurs. Our services include:
- Business planning support
- Small business training
- One-on-one start-up or expansion consulting
- Support in gaining access to other small business supports, information, and access to capital.
Community Futures are developmental lenders. That means we work in collaboration with, not in competition to, conventional lenders like banks and credit unions. For over 20 years we have successfully helped local entrepreneurs get financing to:
- Start or expand a business
- Apply new technology to a business
- Upgrade a business’ facilities and/or equipment
- Develop new products and services
- Access new markets
- Expand into the global marketplace
In addition to these client services, we offer facilities rentals to local groups and businesses, conferences and business meetings.